Let me entertain youPosted: March 15, 2013
I can take away my job, friends, and all other obligations but I am still me. As such, I still live by my to do list and goals. It’s just that now they involve a lot more “leisure.”
In Paris it was very easy to fill leisure time. We were surrounded by the best and most beautiful of so many things. From people to chocolate to art. We also had the Internet. As it turns out, the Internet is a great source of entertainment.
In Brittany we continue to battle an elusive Internet connection and our town isn’t exactly bustling. Surprisingly, I have not been bored. When I’ve finished my daily tasks and it’s time to “have fun” I’ve been filling my time in the following ways:
1. Walking to and around the lake.
2. Walking around town and taking note of even the most minor changes. Oh! A daffodil and our neighbors on the right have added another garden gnome. Fascinating…
3. Reading. If this were accurate I would list numbers 3 through 8 as reading.
4. Working on our France map puzzle. Thanks for Grandpa and Grandma Parker.
5. Playing Hive. Thanks, Mom. Hive is a chess-like game involving bugs. We play 4-5 games a day and sometimes when I shut my eyes I visualize potential hive moves.
Life in Brittany is quiet and calm. It’s also cold. It is definitely not boring though.
Oh! and if you are lucky enough to have the Internet, enjoy.