Last time that we had this conversation, I decided we should be friendsPosted: June 8, 2012
My thoughts for this post are disparate enough that I think a list is the only solution.
1. I’ve been listening to “90′s Pop” on Pandora for the last couple of days. It’s made mundane tasks so much better. Sorting real estate files while listening to Ace of Base and the Spice Girls? Perfect. The only issue is that I think many of my clients/colleauges can hear it in the background when we speak on the phone. No one has had the courage to ask if that really is Backstreet Boys in the background.
2. Sometimes I worry I peaked in the 90s. After listening to this station I realize that I just need to think about Will Smith and I’ll feel much better. Talk about peaking in the 90s.
3. Last week I bought a giant bag of avocados at Costco. None were as ripe as I wanted so I purchased another bag at Trader Joes. They are ALL ripe RIGHT NOW. Yesterday I had one on my salad. One made into pesto for dinner. And then I blended a third with some yogurt and stevia for “ice cream.” Today the thought of an avocado literally makes me want to throw up.
4. I made these muffins. The texture was the closest thing to a “real” baked good I’ve had in a while. The first couple were OK but after a while the bitter-bean taste of the garbanzo/fava flour started to really get to me. I can’t even smell them now. Has anyone used Bob’s Red Mill garbanzo/fava flour? Did you find it repulsive?
5. I used another online recipe for coconut brussels sprouts. Conclusion? Not worth opening a can of coconut milk and the extra time. A nice change though. We paired them with salmon salad/avocado wraps.
6. Since this seems to be a post all about cooking. I’ll share my major food victory of the week: brown rice wraps with sharp cheddar (cheese is back in my life!), strawberries, and fresh basil. Don’t forget lots of butter.
7. Lily’s Pizza opened in Durham this week. I can’t eat there. If you’ve been reading for a while you know that I used to drive to Raleigh thrice a week for their pizza. To have it 1/2 mile away and out of my reach makes me sadder than I thought. That’s all I want to say about that.
8. We are in season three of Ally McBeal and all I can say is that Billy & Georgia are driving me nuts. And I think Ally managed to be super provocative in her “Santa Baby” rendition.
9. Work has been busy, but good, this week. 3 closings scheduled and all actually happening. I’ve had more work meetings than usual (1-2 a day) and it’s been a lot to take on physically.
10. I’m reading a Kurt Vonnegut book of short stories. Nothing like spending a lot of time alone and reading Vonnegut to slowly break down already limited social skills.
11. I am super anxious about renting out our apartment and selling our car. Lots of interest but nothing official. Anyone want to take over our lives?